Christiania Bikes Model 5001: 5,030 EUR ex works.
Prices do not include local VAT (if you buy as a private person) and import duty outside of the European Union.
For Christiania Bikes you may also complete the form and we will hook you up with your local Christiania Bikes distributor, who will confirm the final price.The bike will be arriving fully assembled and ready to roll.
The new model 5001:
The bike comes with all the equipment necessary for the Cycling Without Age purpose. One of the upgrades is a new lowerable footrest.
Materials & parts
The materials are of the highest quality, selected for heavy loads:
- All tubes and structural elements are made of 1-3 mm thick steel or aluminium following ISO and DIN standards.
- The frame is anodized, powder coated or galvanized with a subsequent coat of transparent enamel.
- The box is made of 9 mm marine plywood of the best waterproof quality mounted on the frame and brackets.
- The steering gear is constructed with conical bearings.
- A hydraulic damper ensures steady control while riding.
- The rims are made of alloy or stainless steel made by approved manufacturers.
- The hubs are made of high-quality, strong alloy or stainless steel.
- The mudguards are made of stainless steel.
- The brakes and brake levers are of sturdy quality with a built-in parking brake.
- All nuts, bolts and rivets are of aluminium, galvanized or stainless steel.
On condition that the owner of the tricycle follows the directions for use and that defects and faults are not due to wanton destruction, collision, anomalous use, negligence or normal wear, we offer the following warranty:
- 3 years warranty on the frame for defects in manufacture or materials.
- Warranty on all other components in accordance with the manufacturer’s policy and local consumer protection legislation.
- Regularly clean off dirt from the frame, wheels and box etc., using a damp cloth.
- Regularly inspect for loose parts and get any tightened by your dealer.
- Lubricate all visible moving parts, cables, adjusting screws, moving brake parts (NOT brake discs), chain, pedals, bell and lock regularly with bicycle oil. Bolts and nuts also like a few drops of oil.
- Check that the chain has the right tension.
Tyres, tubes and wheels
- Inspect for wear and cuts on the tyres.
- Tyres are inflated to approx. 4 bar (60 psi).
- Check for loose spokes.
- Check wheel bearings for play.
- Wipe the inside and outside with a damp cloth.
- The box can be sealed with a thin film of linseed oil applied using a cloth.
Linseed oil can also be applied to the wooden bench.
- Can be hand washed in lukewarm water (max 40 °).
- Excessive washing weakens roof’s impermeability. Best is to wipe it lightly with a damp cloth or sponge.