Importing a bike to Canada
There are a few things you have to be aware of before you import a bike to Canada:
1. Canadian GST (5% of total invoice amount) will be collected when the bikes clear customs.
2. You have to figure out if PST (provincial sales tax) is applicable to your purchase.
4. The following points need to be itemized on the invoice: shipping, handling and insurance (if this has not been done, please ask us to change it for you).
5. You will have to use the services of a broker to have the bikes cleared through customs. This usually costs around $125.
6. We usually ship blankets and other accessories separately.
7. The bikes themselves are duty free and the tax code is stated on the invoice where it says “HS-code”.
Now you are all set to receive your brand new trishaw! Although these points might seem daunting, it is actually super easy and we will be there to support you every step of the way.